Good morning guys and welcome to the Goals and Net Worth Update of February 2020! 🙂 The first two months of the year are already gone and it’s time to update them for the second time.
As I wrote in the previous Update I decided to write a single article to update both Goals and Net Worth.
Let’s start with the Update!
Social Media Goals
#1 – Get 1000 followers on Instagram
- Starting point: 330 followers
- Current situation: 346 followers
- Followers last month: -4
- Goal progress: 34.6% (was 35%)
This month I dedicated very little time to my Instagram account, due to my new job, but I intend to dedicate it more time in the coming weeks.
Follow the official Instagram account of the blog! 🙂 I share interesting content like quiz, new posts, podcasts, and books.
#2 – Get 1000 followers on Twitter
We also have a Twitter account. Twitter is a great social media and I use it to find out interesting content.
- Starting point: 230 followers
- Current situation: 272 followers
- Followers last month: +1
- Goal progress: 27.2% (was 27.1%)
#3 – Get 200 followers on Facebook
Facebook had been the first Social Media that I created for the blog. I think that this goal will be tough to achieve.
- Starting point: 61 followers
- Current situation: 69 followers
- Followers last month: +4
- Goal progress: 34.5% (was 33%)
#4 – Get 100 followers on Pinterest or 15k monthly readers
I really like Pinterest and I would like to improve my presence on it. This goal is so hard!
- Starting point: 4 followers / 150 monthly views
- Current situation: 6 followers / 170 monthly views
- Followers/monthly views last month: +0 / -55
- Goal progress: 6% (was 6%) / 1.13% (was 1.5%)
#5 – Open a Youtube channel and/or a podcast
No progress on this goal. But I do not want to hurry up, so no problem!
#6 – Learn Spanish and improve my English
I started to work in a financial consultancy company where I can speak and improve my English day by day. I’m on a good path to achieve this “English” goal.
In addition, after the first period of settling at work, I intend to spend 1 or 2 evenings a week learning Spanish.
#7 – Travel once out of Europe
No progress on this goal. I think that the right period will be the summer season.
#8 – Read 5 books in English
I’m still reading “The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America“, and this will be the first English book of 2020.
English book read in 2020: 0
#9 – Listen to 15 audiobooks
I’m using Audible to achieve this goal, and I love it! I’ve already listened to two audiobooks this year. The first one was “La luce della saggezza” by Dalai Lama, which I listened to in January. In February I completed the second audiobook, “Less is more” by Salvatore La Porta. It is an interesting essay about minimalism, and I appreciated it.
Audiobooks listened in 2020: 2
#10 – Train 3 times a week
I’m on the right track on this goal. I’m using the Nike Training Club application to train 3/4 times a week.
#11 – Add 3 Cash Flow sources
No new Cash Flow sources in February. It’s not easy to add new sources to my Portfolio at the moment, so I need to think about it very well.
Cash flow sources added in 2020: 1
#12 – Build an emergency fund of 1k€
In February I added 40€ to my emergency fund, and starting from March I’ll add more money to it, thanks to the salary that I will earn with the new job.
- Starting point: 40€
- Current situation: 80€
- Goal progress: 8% (was 4%)
#13 – Investment Portfolio at 30k€
In January I registered the loss due to the closure of Envestio but I deposited 2500€ on Degiro and invested them, so in the end, I increased my Investment Portfolio. The way is so long.
- Starting point: 8000,15€
- Current situation: 8912,36€
- Goal progress: 29.70% (was 30%)
#14 – Increase Net Worth by 25%
Another (little) decrease in my Net Worth during February. This time it’s caused by the collapse of the stock market.
- Starting point: 18794,14€
- Current situation: 18057,87€
- Goal progress / increase (or decrease): 0% / -0.69%
#15 – Earn 5k€ of Passive Income
This is a big goal and I really hope to achieve it 🙂
- Passive Income this month: 213,43€
- Total Passive Income 2020: 470,16€
- Goal progress: 9.40% (was 5.13%)
#16 – P2P Lending under 30% of the Investment Portfolio
The P2P Lending percentage increased in the last month because the Degiro account decreased its value. This means that there is still a lot of work to do to achieve this goal.
- Starting point: 85% (way too much!!)
- Current situation: 62.63% (was 61.00%)
#17 – Give a completely new style to the blog
Still working on it. For me, it’s very difficult to find a new theme for the blog because I have a specific idea in my mind of how the blog I would like the blog to become and for the moment I can’t find a theme that allows me to recreate this idea.
#18 – Create 3 courses for uDemy and similar
Zero progress on this goal. For the moment I only know the topics that I would like to cover, but I need time to work on the courses and for the moment I want to dedicate my time to other goals.
#19 – Sell 100 copies of the Financial Freedom Challenge ebook
As you probably know I published the Financial Freedom Challenge ebook on Amazon. In February I’ve sold 1 copy (shame on me!) so there is much to work on this goal in order to achieve it!
- Starting point: 0 copies
- Current situation: 1 copies
- Goal progress: 1% (was 0%)
New Net Worth composition
My Current Net Worth
For clarification, the categories of the chart are composed as follows:
- Bank Account #1 – My main bank account
- Bank Account #2 – My second bank account, in which I’m building an emergency fund
- Degiro (my ETF investments)
- Crypto Wallets – Exodus and
- Online Wallets – Skrill, Paypal, Payeer, PerfectMoney
- Celsius Network
- P2P Lending – Mintos, ViaInvest, FastInvest, Twino, Grupeer, Lenndy, Swaper, Robocash
- Real Estate Crowdfunding – Housers, Envestio, Bulkestate
- HIYPs – DiversityFund, SolidTradeBank, 8bit, BetterBits
My Net Worth at the end of February is:
18057,87€ (-0.69% from last month, -3.93% from starting point)
At the beginning of the year I did not expect two decreases of my Net Worth in a row but are happening extraordinary things in the world that were completely unexpected even just one month ago.
In any case, I’m confident about the future and we need to stay motivated and positive all the time! 🙂
See you for the next post, have a good day!
Remember to subscribe to the blog to receive the next updates directly in your mail!