Good morning guys and welcome to the first Goals and Net Worth Update of 2020! 🙂 January is already gone and it’s time to update them for the first time.
I decided to write a single article to update both Goals and Net Worth. I think that they’re quite similar topics and maybe writing a single post could have sense. What do you think?
I have many Goals this year, so I’ll give you just a brief update about every single goal. The important thing for me is sharing them with you to keep me motivated.
Let’s start this long journey!
Social Media Goals
#1 – Get 1000 followers on Instagram
- Starting point: 330 followers
- Current situation: 350 followers
- Followers last month: +20
- Goal progress: 35% (was 33%)
Follow the official Instagram account of the blog! 🙂 I share interesting content like quizzes, new posts, podcasts, and books.
#2 – Get 1000 followers on Twitter
We also have a Twitter account. Twitter is a great social media and I use it to find out interesting content.
- Starting point: 230 followers
- Current situation: 271 followers
- Followers last month: +41
- Goal progress: 27% (was 23%)
#3 – Get 200 followers on Facebook
Facebook had been the first Social Media that I created for the blog. This goal will be tough to achieve.
- Starting point: 61 followers
- Current situation: 65 followers
- Followers last month: +4
- Goal progress: 33% (was 31%)
#4 – Get 100 followers on Pinterest or 15k monthly readers
I really like Pinterest and I would like to improve my presence on it. This goal is so hard!
- Starting point: 4 followers / 150 monthly views
- Current situation: 6 followers / 225 monthly views
- Followers/monthly views last month: +2 / +75
- Goal progress: 6% (was 4%) / 1,5% (was 1%)
#5 – Open a Youtube channel and/or a podcast
No progress on this goal. But I do not want to hurry up, so no problem!
#6 – Learn Spanish and improve my English
Starting from February I’ll start working in a financial consultancy company where I will be able to speak and improve my English day by day. Very good!
In addition, after the first period of settling at work, I intend to spend 1 or 2 evenings a week learning Spanish.
#7 – Travel once out of Europe
No progress on this goal. I think that the right period will be the summer season.
#8 – Read 5 books in English
I’m still reading “The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America“, and this will be the first English book of 2020.
English book read in 2020: 0
#9 – Listen to 15 audiobooks
I’m using Audible to achieve this goal, and I love it! I’ve already listened to one audiobook this year. I’m talking about “La luce della saggezza” by Dalai Lama. Now I’m listening to the second audiobook.
Audiobooks listened in 2020: 1
#10 – Train 3 times a week
I’m on the right track on this goal. I’m using the Nike Training Club application to train 3/4 times a week.
#11 – Add 3 Cash Flow sources
In January I started to invest in ETFs following my ETF Investment Strategy. I consider them a new cash flow source, considering that they distribute dividends.
Cash flow sources added in 2020: 1
#12 – Build an emergency fund of 1k€
No progress on this goal in January. In the next months, I absolutely need to work on it.
- Starting point: 40€
- Current situation: 40€
- Goal progress: 4% (was 4%)
#13 – Investment Portfolio at 30k€
In January I registered the loss due to the closure of Envestio but I deposited 2500€ on Degiro and invested them, so in the end, I increased my Investment Portfolio. The way is so long.
- Starting point: 8000,15€
- Current situation: 9005,27€
- Goal progress: 30% (was 27%)
#14 – Increase Net Worth by 25%
In January my Net Worth has experienced a decline due to the Envestio’s losses. However, no big losses and the goal is always achievable!
- Starting point: 18794,14€
- Current situation: 18184,29€
- Goal progress / increase (or decrease): 0% / -3,26%
#15 – Earn 5k€ of Passive Income
This is a big goal and I really hope to achieve it 🙂
- Passive Income this month: 256,73€
- Total Passive Income 2020: 256,73€
- Goal progress: 5% (was 0%)
#16 – P2P Lending under 30% of the Investment Portfolio
At the moment my Investment Portfolio is not well diversified. During January I strongly reduced the percentage of P2P Lending and Real Estate crowdfunding platforms in my Investment Portfolio but there is still a lot of work to do.
- Starting point: 85% (way too much!!)
- Current situation: 61%
#17 – Give a completely new style to the blog
Maybe I’ve found a premium theme that I like, but I need more time to make a definitive decision, so stay tuned.
#18 – Create 3 courses for uDemy and similar
Zero progress on this goal. For the moment I only the topics that I would like to cover, but I need time to work on the courses and for the moment I want to dedicate my time to other goals.
#19 – Sell 100 copies of the Financial Freedom Challenge ebook
As you probably know I published the Financial Freedom Challenge ebook on Amazon. In January I’ve sold 0 copies (shame on me!) so there is much to work on this goal in order to achieve it!
- Starting point: 0 copies
- Current situation: 0 copies
- Goal progress: 0% (was 0%)
New Net Worth composition
During January my Net Worth has undergone several changes. First of all, I had to delete Envestio’s portion. Then I transferred 2500€ from my bank account to Degiro. These are the two biggest changes. You can check the new composition in the following pie chart:
For clarification, the categories of the chart are composed as follows:
- Bank Account #1 – My main bank account
- Bank Account #2 – My second bank account, in which I’m building an emergency fund
- Crypto Wallets – Exodus and Crypto.com
- Online Wallets – Skrill, Paypal, Payeer, PerfectMoney
- Celsius Network
- P2P Lending – Mintos, ViaInvest, FastInvest, Twino, Grupeer, Lenndy, Swaper, Robocash
- Real Estate Crowdfunding – Housers, Envestio, Bulkestate
- HIYPs – DiversityFund, SolidTradeBank, 8bit, BetterBits
My Net Worth at the end of January is:
18184,29€ (-3,26% from last month, -3.26% from starting point)
I’m using a super Excel spreadsheet to track it. Tell me if you want to know more about it 🙂
That’s all guys! I tried to write this article as clear and readable as possible. I hope I have achieved the goal and in case I am always available to receive any advice.
I know that I set up many Goals but I like to work on many things at the same time, so this is the best approach for me.
I’m happy about this first progress and I’m confident for the future 🙂
Remember to subscribe to the blog to receive the next updates directly in your mail!