Good morning guys and welcome to Day 19 of the Financial Freedom Challenge! Today we’re going to work on a practical task. It’s more about your house organization, but it will teach you an important lesson.
Are you ready?
What’s today’s task?
Today I want you categorize all the stuff that you own into 2 categories: “stuff you really need” and “stuff you don’t need”. Be honest with yourself, please. I ask you to take a tour of your own house and identify at least 4/5 things that you don’t really need.
They might be:
- Clothing (t-shirts, trousers, sweatshirts..)
- Accessories (watches, belts, ties, necklaces, earrings..)
- Domestic appliances
- Old electronic stuff (cellphones, PCs..)
Take two or three days to identify this stuff. Meanwhile, start thinking about someone that could need it. Think about your family, friends, acquaintances, everyone. If you find someone who can appreciate one of these objects, make him/her a gift. They’ll be very happy and you will feel better too, trust me.
In case you can’t find anyone, try to sell these objects. You can choose among dozens of websites: Facebook, eBay, Craigslist and so on.
Today’s task has 2 main purposes:
- A better organization in your house
- Giving to people that have less than us
By doing so we’ll have a more organized house and we’ll truly feel better.
A brief summary of today’s task of the Financial Freedom Challenge
- Close your PC and take a tour of your house
- Look at what you have around your house
- Ask yourself about every single item: Do I really need this? Does it improve the quality of my life?
- If the answer is no, find someone that would benefit from having it and make him/her a gift
- In case you don’t find anyone, sell that stuff
- The Life Changing Miracle of Creating Space: Decluttering Solutions for Your Mind, Home, Work, and Digital World
- Kondo Box: Il magico potere del riordino – 96 lezioni di felicità
- Decluttering. Il segreto del riordino
This was Day 19 of the Financial Freedom Challenge. Living in an organized environment has a great impact on our mental organization and productivity. If we add to this the fact that by giving stuff we don’t need we can improve the life of someone else completely for free, this step has no price. If you have any questions about this challenge, write a comment and I’ll be glad to answer you 🙂
Besides share in the comments your opinion about this step. I’m always curious about it 🙂
Come back tomorrow for Day 20. I’ll be here for you! Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Share this challenge on your social media: this will keep you motivated during the path, trust me 🙂 If you want direct contact with me (answers, discussions, doubts, advice…) and the other participants, join our Telegram groups (ENG Group, ITA Group).
Finally, subscribe to the blog if you want to receive the next steps directly on your email: